Thursday, August 29, 2013

Holiday Catalog Blog Hop

 
Hello, Thanks for taking a tour on our Holiday Catalog Blog Hop.  This is only my second hop to participate in and I love touring other people's hops.
 
My first project today is these cute little pumpkins.  Can you guess what I made them out of??  Well if you guessed Gift Bow Bigz L Die, then you are correct. 
I found this cute pattern from Mary Brown.  The paper I used is from the Sweater Weather dsp pack (#132184 pg 18 Holiday Catalog).  I embossed the paper with the perfect polka dot embossing folder(#117335).  My stem is Choc Chip card stock and the leaves are Old Olive and cut with the Autumn Accents Bigz die (#127812).  The only other thing you need for this is some red sticky tape. 

 
My second project is a Halloween card using the stamp sets Halloween Hello (#131718w or #131721c on pg 21) and Halloween Bash (#130577w or #130580c).  I also used the Witches Brew dsp found on the same page (#132185).  I punched some chevrons using the new Chevron Border Punch (#132154 pg 23) out of the Witches Brew dsp.  I stamped on Whisper White with Tangerine Tango and Basic Gray and Basic Black ink.  I added some Basic black chevron ribbon (#130010) and some Basic Grey 1/4" stitched grosgrain ribbon(#126879) along with basic grey candy dots (#130934)

 
For my final project to share I used the Thumping Technique.  I know both Glenda and France have done this so I'm sure you have all seen it before.  The stamp set I used is Magnificent Maple stamped with Crumb Cake and then "thumped" with the markers Island Indigo, Rose Red and Garden Green.   I wasn't sure what else to add to it so I used dsp from Gingham Garden (#129310) and the Tape It (#130712w or #130715c) stamp set.  For my greeting I used Truly Grateful found on page 19 in the holiday catalog #131730w or #131733c.  A little white organza ribbon (#114319) and some crumb cake candy dots (#130933) finish it off.

Well, that's it for me, thanks again for stopping by.  To continue onto the next stop click HERE to see Lisa's creative work.


6 comments:

  1. Wow! What fabulous projects! I especially love those adorable pumpkins!♥
    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful cards and projects, Holly! I just might give those pumpkins a try for a some fall decorating now that I seem to have a little extra time on my hands.
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pumpkins don t have that die but time to invest bring the pump tonight please love it

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm, not sure what happened to my post so I'll post again. Holly, I Love, Love, Love the pumpkins! They are soooo cute! I like the fall cards too; all your projects are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the pumpkins! I bought that die so I must try to make the pumpkins. Thanks for a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So very cute! Especially the little pumpkins!

    ReplyDelete